In observance of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, we recognize that physical activity should be:
- equitable, and fair, with shared leadership and accountability, and
Therefore, it is affirmed that:
- All Edmontonians have an equal right to access quality sport and active recreation activity environments.
- All Edmontonians involved in sport and active recreation are valued for their unique participation.
- Through sport and active recreation, all Edmontonians have access to resources and spaces.
- Edmonton’s sport and active recreation opportunities are participant centered.
- Edmontonians are supported to be involved in sport and active recreation through community connections.
- Sport and active recreation for Edmontonians reflects a collaborative culture and shared leadership among government, organizations, educational institutions and business.
- Sport and active recreation opportunities in Edmonton offer individuals environments of learning, respect, and tolerance.
- Sport and active recreation in Edmonton encourages the development of competence, confidence and motivation to be active for life.