The Edmonton Sport Council is a non-profit society serving and representing the sport, active recreation and active living community. Members include individuals, sport, active recreation, active living, and other community organizations, and business who believe in, and wish to publicly support, the vision of quality sport, active recreation or active living experiences for all Edmontonians. All memberships are subject to review and approval.
The Edmonton Sport Council Board of Directors has eliminated membership fees given our requirements to provide services to all Edmonton sport and active recreation organizations and all Edmontonians regardless of membership.
The benefits of membership include:
- Right to vote at the ESC annual general meeting (one vote per Individual Member present, up to five votes for Group Members - five people must be present, one vote per Associate Member present)
- Discounts on registration fees for Sport Council workshops, seminars, presentations, etc.
- Option to be listed on the ESC's website as a Sport Council member
- Your organization’s logo displayed with your file on the ESC's website Activity Search
- Opportunity for inclusion of an organization image and logo in the ESC website frontpage slide show
- Opportunity to post events, activities, volunteer needs, etc. on the Sport Council website Bulletin Board
- Subscription to the ESC Enews (you may unsubscribe at any time)
Membership Categories and Definitions
An individual, who normally resides in Edmonton, with a significant interest in the development of sport, active recreation or active living in Edmonton.
A group with a significant interest in the development of sport, active recreation or active living in Edmonton whose principal mandate must be the direct delivery of sport, active recreation or active living programs or opportunities, primarily for Edmonton residents with an identifiable organizational structure and a verifiable paid membership.
Any business or organization with a significant interest in the development of sport, active recreation or active living in Edmonton that does not meet the criteria for Group membership.
As per the Alberta Society Act and/or our Bylaws, the following information is required of every member: