City of Edmonton:
Effective Sunday, December 13, all recreation centres will close as per the new COVID-19 restrictions announced by the Government of Alberta. Members and those registered in programs will be contacted with more information in the coming days.
Effective November 13, new restrictions include a two-week ban on indoor group fitness classes and team sport activities and a ban on group performance activities: singing, dancing and theatre (November 13-27).
Edmonton City Council has passed a Temporary Mandatory Face Coverings Bylaw to mandate the wearing of face coverings in indoor public places and public vehicles as of August 1. However, the bylaw would not apply to individuals engaging in water activities or physical exercise.
www.edmonton.ca/covid-19 details the City’s COVID response, including new rules and expectations of Edmontonians.
Look up how a specific City program, service or project has been impacted by the COVID-19 response through a new tool.
A handy at-a-glance resource on how people can use outdoor recreational facilities.
Government of Alberta:
The Alberta government is expanding the Small and Medium Enterprise Relaunch Grant to allow new businesses and nonprofits to apply. Businesses that started operating between March 1 and October 31, 2020 will be eligible for this funding.
All Albertans, businesses, organizations and service providers must continue to follow existing health measures until further notice. Active evaluation of the latest public health data is underway and will be used to re-evaluate the current level of restrictions over the coming weeks.
All indoor recreation facilities must close effective December 13, including:
- Gyms and studios
- Fitness and recreation centres
- Spas, pools, indoor rinks and arenas
- Day and overnight camps
- Community halls and centres
Outdoor recreation is permitted, but facilities with indoor spaces except for washrooms will be closed.
Group physical activities, including team sports, fitness classes and training sessions, are prohibited or restricted across Alberta effective December 13:
- Outdoor group physical activity, including team sports, must be limited to 10 people or fewer.
- members of different households must maintain 2 metre distancing at all times
- Indoor group physical activities are prohibited unless
- the group only involves members of the same household.
- the activity involves students at a school or post-secondary institution as part of an education program
- the activity involves students at a post-secondary institution
- One-to-one indoor training, such as training with a fitness trainer or coach, is not permitted.
Legislated requirements to hold annual general meetings are now reinstated. Organizations must hold their AGMs sometime after August 14. Virtual meetings are permissible if set out in corporate bylaws
Government of Canada: