Spring is nature's way of saying it's time to be more active! So, begin shrugging off the winter wear and take advange of Edmonton's great outdoors. Flowers are blooming, the days are getting longer, the air is warmer, and there’s so much room for activities!
The lengthening days of sunlight are perfect for a neighbourhood walk, or tuning up the bike and venturing a little further. For community service bonus points, take a garbage bag and go around your neighborhood picking up trash. You may be surprised at how much you end up with – and your neighborhood will look nicer. If you have children or grandchildren, visit the neighbourhood playground that has sat mostly idle all winter.
Some of Edmonton's best playgrounds are found at:
- Kinsmen Park - 9100 Walterdale Hill NW
- Jackie Parker Park - 4540 50 Street NW
- William Hawrelak Park - 9330 Groat Road NW
- Haddow Park - 2099 Haddow Drive NW
- Ramsay Heights Playground - 15130 43 Avenue NW
- Summerside Park Playground - 4110 Savaryn Drive SW
- Hazeldean Community League Playground - 9630 66 Avenue NW
- Greenfield School Playground + Greenfield Community Playground - 3735 114 Street NW
The City of Edmonton's Spring Green Shack program will not be activated for the duration of the 2020 summer season. If you're worried about bored inactive children, there are many offerings to enroll children in to be found through the Sport Council Activity Search. Select the activity of your choice and browse the search results.
Starting to think about Summer activities? Summer activity registration starts as early as February and can last until the end of June (play can begin in May). Register early, especially for team activities. Use the Activity Search to find an organization offering your preferred activity.