It’s time to get outside and enjoy the spring weather!
Spring is nature's way of saying it's time to be more active! Shrug off the winter clothes and take advange of Edmonton's great outdoors. The grass is starting to get greener, the days are getting longer, the air is warmer, and there’s so much space in the outdoors for getting active!
The lengthening days are perfect for a neighbourhood walk, or tune up the bike and take a ride outside your neighbourhood. For community service bonus points, take a garbage bag and go around your neighborhood picking up trash. Your neighborhood will look much nicer. If you have children or grandchildren, they will be excited to visit the neighbourhood playground.
Some of Edmonton's best playgrounds are found at:
- Kinsmen Park - 9100 Walterdale Hill NW
- Jackie Parker Park - 4540 50 Street NW
- William Hawrelak Park - 9330 Groat Road NW
- Haddow Park - 2099 Haddow Drive NW
- Ramsay Heights Playground - 15130 43 Avenue NW
- Summerside Park Playground - 4110 Savaryn Drive SW
- Hazeldean Community League Playground - 9630 66 Avenue NW
- Greenfield School Playground + Greenfield Community Playground - 3735 114 Street NW
The City of Edmonton's Spring Play Rangers program will be active from April 2 - May 21. If you're worried about bored inactive children, there are many offerings to enroll children in to be found through the Sport Council Activity Search. Select the activity of your choice and browse the search results.
Looking for a serious participation opportunity? Consider:
- UFest Edmonton Ukrainian Festival (with a Kids Zone) - May 27-28
Starting to think about Summer activities? Summer activity registration starts as early as February and can last until the end of June (play can begin in May). Register early, especially for team activities and summer camps. Use the Activity Search to find an organization offering your preferred activity. If you are looking for summer camps, select "Camps (Summer)" on the Activity Search page.