If you are offering an educational opportunity of interest to the sport, active recreation and/or active living communities, please send us a link and we will post it. Unless otherwise identified, all listed educational opportunities are held in Edmonton.
Webinar: Making Multisport Work - November 27
2019 Sport for Life Canadian Summit: January 22 - 24 (Gatineau)
2019 Ever Active Schools Shaping the Future Conference: January 31 - February 2 (Lake Louise)
2019 Alberta Sport Leadership Conference: May 1 - 4 (Enoch)
The Sport Conference: May 30 - June 1, 2019
2019 International Physical Literacy Conference: May 7 - 10 (Winnipeg)
Additional professional development opportunities:
- NorQuest College offeres a non-credit Not-for-Profit Accounting Fundamentals
- Volunteer Alberta provides a list of workshops, seminars, courses, and webinars throughout Alberta.
- Sport Medicine Council of Alberta offers courses on athletic injury management, sport taping and strapping, and nutrition.
- NCCP courses in Alberta - click here to download the current schedule.
- Check the SIRC Conference Calendar for additional national and international sport-related conferences.
- Physical Literacy workshops
- The Brain Care Center has designed free quarterly educational presentations to help individuals gain an understanding of concussion and its effects.
- Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission's Gaming Information for Charitable Groups provides essential information to groups that conduct, or want to conduct, charitable gaming activities like bingos, casinos, pull ticket sales or raffles. These courses are available in a workshop setting or online.
- Sparesmarts.ca, a calendar of learning events for not-for-profit organizations in the Edmonton area.
- Find a course, class or workshop in KnowledgeConnector.ca offered by over 75 Alberta based learning providers.